Roof mounted lights

GHSER7

I wanted to mount my KC Daylighters on the top on my WD21, but I'm curious to figure where to run the wires clean from the lights to the inside of the truck, without possible leaking problems too. Any suggestions? TIA :aok:

I took the rubber grommet from the drivers doorwell off, run the wires there up to the roof rack tower and put the grommet back on. No sealing issues at all. Take the inner fender lining off and you'll have tons of access to the grommets and such where other wiring passes through to the inside of the cab and engine bay.

Edited by Filthy Luker

thats what i did to mount mine. they made a factory light rack for a bit...and it was basically a peice just like a roof rack peice that had holes in it. but for ALOT cheaper roof rack + drill bit = light bar. then i just ran the wire down through the pass side door grommet and behind all the panels and under carpet. i actually used double insulated wire so it would be a bit cleaner (vs having 2 wires running seperate)

I pulled the trim above the doors, and found a factory hole under the seal on the top of the passenger rear door jam, which lined up with the tower for my Yakima rack. I just under the carpet, then up the pillar behind the trim between the front and rear doors where the shoulder belt bolts too, then through the hole (with a rubber grommet of course) and up. There is a small section about 1" that is exposed, but its inside the doorjam, up and away from where you'd look, and its protected from the elements by the door, so I said good 'nuff for now. After all that rambling, perhaps a pic would be in order. :rolleyes: