manual hubs

weight weenie

I don't think you will increase your gas millage drastically by switching to manual hubs. Warn does have manual hubs that fit the Pathy. They will probably run you close to the $500 range though.

Denis

:confused: Hmm this is the first time I'v heard of auto or manual hubs affecting gas mileage, I don't think either would change your mileage. Also when you're in 4 wheel drive your mileage is going to go down no matter whether you'v got auto or manual hubs.

Also a 4000 pound V6 SUV getting good gas mileage? ;)

of course we're trying tosplit hairs a bit , but pathy's weigh 3795 lbs and epa rates them @ 18 mpg hwy. ford explorers tip the scales @ 3915 lbs but get 20 hwy. I was just wondering if anyone knew what might explain this . I suppose it might just be that with a 4.0 litre the explorer is slightly less underpowered stock, but that's easily rectified. I only thought of the hubs because the old chev 4x4's with solid axle leaf spring susp. and manual hubs got noticeably better fuel mileage than their auto hub counterparts in the late '80's-early 90's

Actually members get 20mpg or better freeway all the time (I'v never got better than 18, but I haven't cleaned my MAF or changed my O2 sensor or changed my really dirty air filter). :shrug:

Maybe ford has a more efficient V6 design or something. It all depends on how heavy your foot is the weather summer or winter formula gas etc etc etc.