New fuel tank

Vsicks Pathy

I am putting in a Patrol fuel tank as soon as I loose the half a tank of go go juice that is in there. It is 90 ltrs as opposed to the Pathy tank that is just over 68 ltrs.

The Pathy tank is on the left, the Patrol tank is on the right.

The top section of the Patrol tank is exactly the same as the Pathfinder. The bottom section is a lot more square and deeper. I have the bash plate to suit and a Patrol sender unit, though the Pathy one will fit. I will not use it because under half a tank it plays up!

tanks3fr.th.jpg tanks17qb.th.jpg

Just something else to do to pass the time.

An extra 20ltrs will go along way though.

Yeah, about 120km... :D

Still, very nice to have ! I've watched the gas gauge sag on trips and wished for more than 20 gallons... But then I think the GF would rather it be a 5 gallon tank. Nothing like "I gotta go pee" 5 minutes after a stop !! :blink:

B

Yeah, about 120km... :D

Still, very nice to have ! I've watched the gas gauge sag on trips and wished for more than 20 gallons... But then I think the GF would rather it be a 5 gallon tank. Nothing like "I gotta go pee" 5 minutes after a stop !! :blink:

B

HA! I'm actually the one that stops every one or two hundred miles to hit the pisser. Regardless of when or where I stop, the Ms. falls asleep within a few miles of home, leaving the trip itinerary up to me. This comes in handy for 100mph stretches late at night (in the Acura, not the Pathy of course). Still, to be able to just chill and not worry about it, and have lots more range would be nice on those long weekend trail trips. I'm thinking of Grandpa and his new aftermarket tank on his Duramax Silverado. 70 gallons if I remember right. Gwaaahaaarrgggmmmmmarmmm...