Confused about Fluids!

njbray

tranny is genuine nissan ATF or equiv Dexron II

power steering should also be Dexron II or equiv.

at least that's what my SM says for my 95

Edited by k9sar

in those system any dextron above II will do just fine but i wouldn't necessarily mix them.

I've heard several times that as long as you are adding a different type of fluid in small (under 2-3 quarts or so) amounts that you will be OK. Is this incorrect?

I'd concur that using DexronII is correct for PS & AT. Both SM & Mitchell say so.

lol, on Floridas last run my power steering line broke, the one that loops back down next to the valve cover, but since we were out in the forest there was really we could do, luckly my buddy had some AT fluid and i think it was Dextron III, but last time in August i blew the power steering pump and the pulley came off and hit the fan and chipped all of the blades and put a nice dent in the shroud, but this time my buddy did something to his power stteering on the first run of that trip and then on the last day we were headed south to check out this place we have been hearing about, so about 3 miles away from this dang place we find a nice amount of mud, so my buddy hits it and the driver side just sinks into water about as deep as the headlights and just stops right there, i pull him out we find the engine to be hydrolocked we take out the plugs turn it over and a very large amount of water comes out (this is the 2nd time that day he did this), so we put it back togehter and come to find out he blew a rod, thats why this thread is on here...