'95 V6-XE

TeenZombie

I just bought my first Pathfinder which just so happend to be my first car as well. I got a 1995 Pathfinder V6-XE, its white. It had 108,000 miles on it but runs perfectly, an old lady owned it before me so it was well taken car of. Its 4 wheel drive. And I plan to go off road.

I had 2 major questions.

What is the difference between my XE and the SE Pathfinder that I see around?

And can I buy a tire carrier to install on the back of my XE? The SEs have them and I want one.

Any advice on any of these things would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by TeenZombie01

its kind of to your own liking. I didnt like moving the mount to open the full back door. That and i didnt like having it out in the open and not locked up. I also like the way it looks with out the tire mount on the back. Less weight, im sure there are many other things that I could think up.

What is the difference between my XE and the SE Pathfinder that I see around?

Just trim levels, but even they blur... Generally speaking it's the possibility of having leather seats, seat heater, better dash gauges, 'leggo' style aluminum rims, ride adjustable rear shocks (useless in my book), roof rack, and a few other odds and ends. The rest of the truck is the same.

can I buy a tire carrier to install on the back of my XE? The SEs have them and I want one.

Not easily... The hinge supports have backing plates that are in the rear passenger column. If you have no carrier, they are not there, and apparently it is not possible just to insert them without cutting metal. If you try to mount one without those plates, you'll be leaving the entire assembly on the road somewhere.

What are the advantages of having it mounted in back?

More room and a nifty rear carrier that you can custom mount gas cans, hi lift jacks, shovels, whatever to... Also, you can easily mount any sized tire you would put on a Pathy. I have a 10.5x31" for a full sized spare. I don't want that inside or on the roof. My stock spare is a crappy little 215/75/15 which only goes with me on road trips or serious wheeling (so it never goes :D )

That and i didnt like having it out in the open and not locked up. Less weight

Out in the open is where tires live, and there is one pin drilled that accepts a 1" masterlock nicely. It would be hard to get a bite with lock cutters. I guess they could just unbolt the carrier.... :D

B