Exhaust

Matthew

Does anyone know where to get a good exhaust to make my truck sound better. I know flowmasters are good, considering my buddy has some on his Silverado, but do they make them for Pathfinders? Also, does anyone have a sound clip of theirs if they have one? :)

If you're only looking for sound, you need only to look at replacing the muffler. A Flowmaster 40 series should give you a good rumble. The 50 series is a bit quieter. Dynomax also makes a Super Turbo muffler that I've heard sounds good. All these mufflers are not vehicle specific - and many here run them.

If you're looking for performance as well, a full exhaust overhaul with Throley headers, 2-1/4" pipe, and new muffler will increase performance and sound quite a bit.

No matter what you do, you're not going to get the rumble/sound from a V8. It'll still rumble a bit and rip awfully nice at higher RPM's, though.

Just drive over to any exhaust shop in town that sells flowmaster's. The guy has more than likely seen enough of em that he can just look underneath and tell ya which one ya need. Thats what I did, and It's been perfect.

Slightly different engine, but heres mine (3.3L) with a flowmaster 40 series. I got the single 2 1/4" in and out and he made a Y-Pipe to connect it. It sounds much better in person, these digital camera mics really don't cut it.

http://www.zippyvideos.com/2291302011880566/101-0180_mvi/

Edited by tmorgan4

I've got a Flowmaster 40 on stock pipes, and it sounds good. Pretty low pitch off idle, with a nice rumble up to 2500RPM-3000 where there is resonance , then pretty loud and just a tad thrashy up high. I personally love it. I've heard Jim's back in the day when he had a glasspack, and it was a bit higher in pitch but had throat to the sound (just watched an old vid today as a reminder).