Don't Laugh

KevinKernaghan

Well, here's a new one:

1995 2WD, 121K:

While trying to remove and clean my MAF sensor, I removed one of the two screws holding it on, and completely rounded off another one, which is now stubbornly unable to be removed with any kind of screwdriver and will hopefully succumb to a Dremel tool.

Here's the part where you shouldn't laugh:

Then I dropped the one fine screw underneath the air filter housing into oblivion.

While poking around down there for it, I never saw anything like it either inside the engine bay or on the ground or anywhere, for an hour's worth of searching. Amazingly though, I found an old Craftsman socket wedged between the frame and the wheelwell liner that has been there for an unknown amount of time, and doesn't belong in my collection. It's been there long enough for all the markings to wear off though. Woo! Free socket!

Anyway, I was hoping somebody could tell me the size and thread count of their MAF sensor bolts so I can replace them with something a little sturdier, once I get the stubborn one out.

Thanks,

Kevin

You got a good screw left???

Take it into the local hardware store with you, find a nut to fit it, then you have the go-no-go gauge for the replacements:)

If you dont have a good one left im out of ideas short of a parts break down.

i dropped mine also down in the middle of nowhere and i never found it. i just replaced them with some screws i had laying around that were the same size. maybe yours is different though, mines a 88.