Just how difficult is putting in a 3" body lift?

Brendan91

I have not got any pics of the body lift being done but I think there are some on here somewhere. The search function is not the best I have seen but keep on trying it.

This is an Email I sent to exodus just the other day. I ran out of time for pics but will do them later and post them here...............

The boby lift is very easy to do. I did mine off one trolley jack. A few tips if I may.

1. Help your brake lines to uncoil. (front)

2. Remove your steering rod completely form either the steering box or the steering column. If you just losen it and remove the bolt it can still jam and pull the column through the fire wall.

3. Remove the 'hoop' (behind your transfer case) around the rear tail shaft if it is there.

4. Rremove the lower part of your fan shroud.

5. Undo your fuel filler hose.

6. Back off all bolts but only remove one side at a time.

7. All of the bolt heads are held in place by the fit off caps so the nuts should turn without a problem. WD40 or CRC the buggers before you start though.

I used a timber (post pic for you tomorrow) and with a grinder cut a slot down the middle of it so that the sill seem would sit in it. This does two things. 1. holds the timber in place and 2. gives better support to the body when you jack it up. ie. The sill will not bend.

I also found that I needed to lenghten my handbrake brackets. I have not seen anyone mention this before other than me? I don't know if these things are included in the kit. There is alot of things in there. I will post pics for you tomorrow.

I am sure this info is on NPORA so use it.

Have fun with it. Enjoy finding the bolt heads. LOL.