Power Locks Automatically Unlock?

Revco

Was surfing the web & found a post in the WD21 forums about common issues on our trucks. One of them was that automatic locks have a tendancy to unlock themselves for no reason at all! I have been going crazy because I've SWORN that I've locked my truck only to come back to find it unlocked.

I thought someone had my same wireless remote code ( :angry: )...or even worse...my age-of-senility ( :confused: ) has hit me WAAAY early...or all those drugs ( :wacko: ) & binge drinking really did have a long lasting impact.

Come to find out...I just gotta replace some POS plastic parts on the lock cylinders. Ahhhh...now I can :bed: better.

hmm, i dunno. i have noticed at times there seems to be a tension on the lock cables and sometimes if you go to lock it up it will rebound and unlock. i guess something gets bound up in there and the lock dosent fully engage adn just pops back unlocked. but this usually happens to me right then and there so i can try it again..not 5, 10, 30 minutes later or longer. if you have keyless entry you might look at the brain or maybe someone has a similar frenquency where you park that may trigger your brain on accident.

i don't use the remote but it did the same thing for a while.. while i was putting new speakers in i lubed all the parts in each door and when reconnecting the wireing i made damn sure to click each plug (nissan put tape on freaking everything, jeez)... no problems at all ever since...

My passenger side door started doing something similar. It would sorta kick my lock up when I tried to lock the door. I took the panel off and found that there was two connectors. One is for locking/unlocking and the other one detects when if the lock is locked or unlocked to lock all the doors when one of the front locks a depressed. I dissconnected the connector that detects the lock being locked/unlocked and it solved the problem. This will dissengage the auto lock when you lock the doors using the lock nob, but your power locks will still work using the power lock button (next to the power window switches).

Clear as mud? I hope I didn't confuse you to much.

Denis

My passenger side door started doing something similar. It would sorta kick my lock up when I tried to lock the door. I took the panel off and found that there was two connectors. One is for locking/unlocking and the other one detects when if the lock is locked or unlocked to lock all the doors when one of the front locks a depressed. I dissconnected the connector that detects the lock being locked/unlocked and it solved the problem. This will dissengage the auto lock when you lock the doors using the lock nob, but your power locks will still work using the power lock button (next to the power window switches).

Clear as mud? I hope I didn't confuse you to much.

Denis

:blink: huh

:blink: huh

LOL. I'm not even sure what I wrote there. Damn cold medecine -alcohol-

Basically the locks are set up to detect when someone locks one of the front door, which then locks all doors via powerlocks. The power locks on the two front doors have two connectors going to them. One is to "detect", one is to lock via power lock.

Figure out which is power lock and which one is detect.

Dissconnect the detect connector.

This might dissable your alarm though (if you have one). Since the vehicle won't be able to tell if the doors are locked or not.

Is this better Slick?