Really Sorry...Another Tire Question

02flhrci

Hi guys... first a disclaimer. I found this board today and have been reading for about the last 4 hours (with a dinner break). I have searched and read everything I could find on the issue.

Now...my history. I used to have a 1994 Pathfinder SE 5-spd, and now, after a diversion into a few European sport sedans, I now find myself back with a 2001 Pathfinder SE 5-spd. It needs tires. I need an absolute answer on this: The stock tires are 255/65R16's. Will 265/70R16's fit for sure? Is anybody running them? Do they rub? I need tires soon, and I would really like to put some ~31" tires on there.

Thanks for all the help and info on this board. I've gained a ton of knowledge on the R50 simply by reading.

BTW: Attached is a pic of the Pathfinder on a 12,500 ridge (near Glaciar Pass in Colorado) and my 8-month pregnant wife :aok:

post-7-1130124310.jpg

Edited by 02flhrci

Yes, 265/70/16s will fit, they are only 30.1" diameter. Your stock tires are a 29.2" diameter..

However, your speedometer will read 5.4% lower than it does now. That is to say that when your speedometer reads 60mph, you will really be travelling 63.2mph.

8 month's pregnant! Congratulations!

Hey, I just noticed that this is my 2000th post...wow.

Edited by vengeful

Thanks for the quick response. Great to know that they will fit! Thanks. I'm not too worried about the speedo reading a little low...according to my GPS, the Pathfinder's speedo reads about 2-3mph high as it is now...so by going to the 265/70/16s, it should read about right! :rolleyes:

Edited by 02flhrci