what starter to get?

nakta

should i get the advanced rebuilt one for 95 dollars and a lifetime warrenty......or have mine rebuilt for 70.....or is there an aftermarket high torque or mini starter online that i cannot seem to find? i have looked very thouroghy (sp) and not found one.

i'd go for the rebuilt, just don't be too surprised if you have to make use of the warranty... but it would be worth it once you get a good one. we generally use rebuilts in the shop i work at with great success... though there has been a couple of times when we had to go thorugh a couple before a satisfactory end result.

I had mine re-built for $75. The only problem was it took a week. An extra 25$ may have been worth it. No hills to park on in Louisiana.

I do have a question that is on a similar thought. I did not know at the time that every oil filter change was covering the starter with oil. Would a parts store honor the warranty if it's covered with oil? Or cry abuse P... ? I don't have good luck with warranties.

• 6 years later...

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay away from the advance rebuilt, I went thru hell with one of those, it was fine the first few months than it would only engage when it wanted to. I finally got them to take it back and refund my money (and core charge), I ended up ordering a brand new one from Rockauto, made by Pure Energy, it costs $91.89 before any discounts and shipping, and is NEW. So far it is great no problems at all and it turns the engine over very fast.

just noticed you have a 96, don't see the above starter listed for the 3.3 in a new unit. In that case I would recommend the new Bosch starter.

Edited by ahardb0dy