Question about shocks...

Brendan91

for offroading, would stiffer or softer shocks be the way to go, seems to me it would be softer shocks - someone clue me in here

I'm in the process of replacing my entire suspension system with aftermarket parts and this is kind of a big part of it

I prefer stiffer suspension. Bottoming out all the time is no fun and not all that great for the truck. Then there is scenario of dropping a wheel off of a rock, bottoming out and punching a hole in your oil pan with another one. Yeah, I know, skidplates, but you get the point. Are you upgrading the torsion bars and rear springs also ??? If so, that may be stiff enough. :shrug: What kind of wheeling do you generally do ? A lot of people swear by the Ranchos 9000 series but many have the 5000's. Try using the search function; there are a lot of threads about shocks that will help.

B

i've got the 5000's and they're kinda stiff on the back end but perfect up front IMO...my buddy has a honda passport and he put kyb's up front and something else in the rear and we do a lotta fishin on the coast in his truck and when u get where theres lots of cross ruts with consecutive bump/humps he bottoms out way too much and i think its a more crappy ride then in my truck...i got used to the stiffness really quickly the onlything is people dont like speedbumps if they're sitting in the back seat b/c i sometimes forget about them being back there so they get jared pretty good

Err, maybe ??? With out a bit of body lift you could probably drive straight... :D I'm thinking not comfortably, you could wind up ripping your flares off, maybe eating the wheel well. Do you have a lift installed ? Do you run 31' now ? I know someone is running 32" but I can't remember if they have a BL. :shrug:

B