ABS Light 95 Path SE-V6

Guest ClaySanDiego

Guest ClaySanDiego

Is it possible the brake fluid is dirty and is causing an ABS light to turn "ON" the brake light is also on at the same time (User Manual says this is normal).

Chilton's has no diagnosis info on how to resolve the problem.

Please help.

-Clay

I doubt dirty fluid would be the cause... Low level maybe, but probably not. Check the sensor for the ABS. It's back on the rear axle housing at the driveshaft I think. There is also recent thread something like this in the WD21 forum I believe. Try doing a search for ABS in the last month.

Gabod7, there is a switch on the drivers side base of the hand brake. Check to see that it is functioning, and if it needs adjustemnt, you bend the switch plate...

B

ABS light indicates that there is either a problem with the circuit for the ABS system, the controller, or a problem with wheel speed sensors. It actually has nothing to do with normal breaking, the system is designed to work normally even when ABS is non-functioning. The only difference is that you will not have antilock breaking in case of an emergency stop. It is not the fluid level or condition, pads, shoes or any component of the normal breaking system.

gabod7 - your problem is most likely the e-break switch in the center console.