Rear Speakers 95 se

mickyficky

Does anyone have a suggestion for new rear speakers. I just hooked up a new CD player/front speakers (5x7 polk)/and XM. I bought some 5x7 polks for the back, but they didn't fit. The cone shaped cage thats connected to the magnet wouldn't fit in the hole. I also tried pioneer, Circuit @ity told me that they had nothing to fit it. I thought about bustin out my Dremmel tool and cutting the hole bigger for 6x9's or for the Polk 5x7's.

Anyone done this? Any pics of the rear 6x9's?

Has anyone found a 5x7 that fits?

6x9's are a good bit better than 5x7's, right?

As it is now, there is just 2 big, quiet holes back there..........

sly

Thanks, I'll check it out....easier than cutting....

Did you order them? wonder which set sounds the best....I've never used JBL/Alpine.....

Oh, by the way, Circuit City wanted $50 per speaker to cut in 6x9's, plus $35 for installing the set.......$135 just to get them in....... :oops:

:beer:

I haven't heard any of them. Since I haven't had my truck, there was no need to order them.

I just looked at crutchfield and they no longer list them. You might be better off calling them to see if they still have them.

www.soundcity.com has the JBL and Apline, but their site is messed up so you can't actually look at them. Also, the JBL's are like $400. They were $200 on crutchfields site. Actaully, all 3 brands were $200.

I liked the fact that they were component speakers and came with crossovers.

Yea, I'll probably call crutchfield. Ya know, Circuit City called the Polks 'component' speakers also, but they just barely didn't fit.

I was hoping someone here had actually swapped out the ceiling mounted speakers with good ones that fit.....

For now, I'll try what you said...thanks..... :beer:

or maybe I'll just cut in some 6x9's..... P...

I'll post pics later.....In the meantime, anyone done this swap??????

yea, the crossover is sweet, those sound nice......I'll check it out

Try Ebay. I have 5x7 Infinity Reference 5752cf's in the back. They originally listed for 200 a pair, but when I bought them they were valued at 100 a pair. I got all four of mine factory refurbed (just like new in my opinion) for 60 off Ebay. The current series Reference's should fit as well because the dimensions are identical.

Anyone done this? Any pics of the rear 6x9's?

Has anyone found a 5x7 that fits?

6x9's are a good bit better than 5x7's, right?

As it is now, there is just 2 big, quiet holes back there..........

sly

ok. I have 6x9's in mine in the rear of my 4 door.... but no pics.... prof install