So, after my pathfinder got stolen...

Brendan91

First off, this is what all happened.

My '91se pathy got stolen a few monthes back, police found it 4 days later off in no mans land. The clutch was *completely* blown out, I mean I was literally pulling out RIBBONS of pressure plate. We replaced the clutch, got it mostly back together except for a few oddities.

#1) 4wd no longer engages. When I shift into 4WH the light doesn't light up nor do the auto hubs pop out and "engage" the front wheels. Are the autolocking hubs controlled by an switch, possibly the same one that controls the dashboard light?

#2) Back left suspension sags now. Yay.

#3) the magnanomous pricks punched out my passenger side airvent, are those easily reinstalled?

Thanks in advance for all replies, this has been very very stressful

Damn Bud, sorry to hear that !! Unfortunately, thats what some jackals do to 4x4's, thrash them...

I don't know why the 4x4 light doesn't come on. Switch/sensor in the transfer case ? Transfer case blown ? You know that you have to roll forward to engage the auto hubs ? You should be able to hear them. They are manually actuated, no electronic switch... If they do not engage, the hubs may be broken. Many people like to switch to manual hubs for strength and reliability. Check to see if the front drive shaft rotates when the truck is in 4x4.

Back left sag... How much ? Check the rear end linkage for bends, etc and spring to see if it is in its perches...

I have no idea about the air vent, but I'm sure someone will chime in. There are a few people parting out trucks so you can probably get a replacement cheap...

Good luck Bud, hope they catch the bastages...

B

Those vents are fun to replace, you have to get behind the dash or remove it entirely, IIRC.

Like Precise1 said, check the rear suspension for bent parts or broken stuff. Hopefully those guys didn't get the bright idea to try and jam it into 4lo and pin the gas until something broke. Check the wiring on the t-case and make sure everything got plugged back together properly after you changed the clutch.

Ok, I had a friend help, the front shaft rotates when I shift into 4wd (I can do it without a stupid little dash light) but the hubs don't engage

Soooo new hubs?

Plus on the back springs, I would like to just pop in JGC 3" coils...

I'm gonna drop in some Warn Hubs - I've been hitting the net for the last hour looking for a good price..

HOWEVER

Can someone explain the difference in cost in these 2?

Warm Premium Hubs

One says 90-99 and is $174.99 and 90-91 is $105.95

WHY?

Did you post this question the the General Topics area as well? If so, you already have your answer. If it was somebody else who posted that, then the difference is the quantity. You need a pair, therefore the more expensive price is what you'll pay.