Running board is gone

Matthew

Well, today I went trail riding, and made one huge mistake; let my friend drive my truck. I thought he knew what he was doing, but as we were going along, he hit a bump way too fast. Something in the ground completely ripped off my drivers side running board, and in the process, he continued to drive over the board and popping my back drivers side tire. Needless to say, I was ticked. Is there a way that I can get someone to fix the board (the bolts are fine, but the brackets are completely ripped in half)?

Edited by Matthew

Well, today I went off-roading down on a trail by a river, and made one huge mistake; let my friend drive my truck. I thought he knew what he was doing, but as we were going along, he hit a bump way too fast. Something in the ground completely ripped off my drivers side running board, and in the process, he continued to drive over the board and popping my back drivers side tire. Needless to say, I was ticked. Is there a way that I can get someone to fix the board (the bolts are fine, but the brackets are completely ripped in half)?

Well its time for sliders and to never allow your friend to drive your car again! :furious:

actually - you made two mistakes - you really need to take those stock rails off before you head offroad... as you have prooved - they are not strong enough for anything you might hit - and they can cause more harm than good...

that said - if youre interested in offroad rock sliders - there is one guy that makes & sells them for our trucks... http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/RockSliderZ.shtml

I have heard nothing bad about his product.

I plan to have a set made (by a friend) for my pathy over the winter...

Edited by Pezzy

From what my memory says, the square is stronger than tube for the same OD and wall thickness by a fair margin. Thats VS dents and bending. I can look it up if you like but I'm pretty sure thats the case. You making a show truck or something ?? :D

B

From what my memory says, the square is stronger than tube for the same OD and wall thickness by a fair margin.

I think Ive read the same - and that was within the past day or so... I have no idea where I was when I found that... (sorry - chronic CRS..cant remember shi...) :)

I'd like the round bars too - like the shrockworks sliders for the X, but shrockworks isnt interested in the R50's. I'll likely end up with square... oh well, beats smashing up my rocker panels!!

I think Ive read the same - and that was within the past day or so... I have no idea where I was when I found that...  (sorry - chronic CRS..cant remember shi...) :)

I'd like the round bars too - like the shrockworks sliders for the X, but shrockworks isnt interested in the R50's. I'll likely end up with square... oh well, beats smashing up my rocker panels!!

Wow shrockworks has some awesome looking bumpers, not to mention the sliders; it's too bad they don't want to work with the R50s :angry:

Edited by Matthew