Parts Vehicle?

Guest evylgrynn

Guest evylgrynn

Hey all,

I own a 1989 Pathfinder SE, and I have the opportunity to buy a 1987 Pathfinder for a parts vehicle. The body looks to be in good shape, but the engine is completely blown. I may be able to get some parts off of it, such as the starter, alternator, etc. I was wondering if the parts are all completely interchangeable, such as the brakes, transfer case, some body panels, maybe one door (my driver door has pretty bad rust) and if it is worth it to buy. Thanks for the help

Since they didn't change body styling or engine/drivetrain features until the 1990 4-door models, you should be just fine using an '87 for parts on your '89. Everything will interchange as far as I know, and I've been junkyard parts-sourcing for quite a while. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest januk1

darn, I'm posting this everywhere! I have a fully functional 1989 SE-V6 which I am selling really cheap. The reason being, the transmission is in the trunk. I'm a student, can't afford to replace it but refuse to scrap the car (love it too much). I have a post in the sale section and my avatar is also a pic of the car. Check it out!!!!

everything on those two models will be the same ... the only variance may be in the actual trim package, I.E. - the interior ... but things like door panels can be interchanged between each other, just make sure if you decide to replace your door(s) that you get yourself a interior panel removal tool ... they are pretty cheep and look pretty much like a ball joint seperator ... if you do it any other way, the snap pins will break or you will tear them straight through the panel ... espescially so with our older model pathfinders ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest NissanD21man

Januk,

If you happen to be in or near upstate NY, I would also be interested in your truck.