Electric guide

Guest Ova

Hi again, I'm new...can't you notice yet? ...and I have some doubts.

Here's one.

I'm like lights into cabin.

Last week I bought a window master control switch from a Maxima 98.

This switch is identical to a pathfinder swtich, except for it's has lights into every single unit and into the door lock.

But, the back of the switch ins't identical. The harness isn't the same.

So, here's the questión. Anyone has some info. or idea to try re routed the wire from the original harness to the new plug into new (old one) switch?

Here is some pictures.

post-7-1125199479.jpg

I have not tried to rewire so I will just start with that. However, it should be a fairly easy modification if you can get say a haynes manual to the 98 maxima (or anything else that has the schematic for the window switch.) Basically the back is different because now instead of just powering the windows and lighting one switch, all the switches are lit. So if you can tinker around with the schematic figure out which pin does what it would be pretty straight forward. Might be helpful if you could go to a boneyard and pull the harness from the maxima so that it would plug into the back of the switches then wire to that. Otherwise you could soder your new spliced wires onto the pins directly, but that would be alot of work.