Exhaust sound clips

KnightRyder

Well im thinking of finally getting myself a new muffler and all but i would like to know how the different mufflers sound on the 3.3s. If anyone has some sound clips of different ones (flowmaster, dynomax, etc.) could you post em up? Im really not considering horsepower or anything because ive come to accept that i really dont have any to begin with lol.

Well im thinking of finally getting myself a new muffler and all but i would like to know how the different mufflers sound on the 3.3s. If anyone has some sound clips of different ones (flowmaster, dynomax, etc.) could you post em up? Im really not considering horsepower or anything because ive come to accept that i really dont have any to begin with lol.

LMAO..No sound bites but definitely agree with you on the giving up on the HP gains!!!

XPLORx4, when i first bought my pathy i watched a video over and over excited everytime i watched it....it was yours!!! :clap: I just figured this out when i went to hear the sound bites...the third one when your truck tilts uuuuup in the air and you gently set it down before digging out off your sliders...wow great vid and great off roading thanks for sharing!!! P...

• 2 weeks later...

From Flowmaster Muffler's FAQ

Do I need to install an "H" pipe to my dual exhaust?

Flowmaster strongly recommends using an "H" pipe, commonly known as a "balance tube" on all "true dual" exhaust systems. An "H" pipe equalizes the pressures between both banks of the engine giving a broader and flatter torque curve throughout the rpm range. It also eliminates "back-rap" common on deceleration, and creates a deeper mellower tone both inside and outside of the vehicle.