when im idel and ac is on pathy shakes

Guest scpathfinder8301

Guest scpathfinder8301

My pathfinder shakes and wants to cut of after being idel at a red light or any long period of time when i stop. This only happens when i have the ac on if the ac is off and i idel for a long time it is fine. The pathfinder shakes and thr rpm gos down when the ac is on and i am ideling. I cant fig out what the problem is so if some one could help me it would be great.

Usually when the air con kicks in the engine will rev higher to compensate for the extra load. I assume this is done through the ECU. However, a simple adjustment to the idle may serve you well. As to how this is done on your Nissan engine, I don't know.

I will hazard a guess and say that your Pathy is an auto. Untill you find out what can be done, put your Pathy in netural whilst stopped at the lights.

exact same thing happened to me about a month ago, put in some new spark plugs and havn't had the problem since, easy and cheap, try that, u might also check your air filter to seee if it needs to be replaced , good luck; oh yeah what v6 said helped until I put the new plugs in, throw it in neutral while idling

Guest scpathfinder8301

My pathfinder is a auto but i cant not find the idel adjustment. The book i am reading shows a picture of a screw that you turn but i can not seem to locate it, so if anyone could help me that would be great. I have a 1994 nissan pathfinder le 4x4 3l v6.