Wiring Schematic

n0cturne74

Any chance someone that has a Chiltons or similar book could post a wiring schematic? I'm looking to install a new in dash cd player and need the wire colors to basically hot wire it into the original system without using an adapter.

I'm Probably going to go with an adapter after contemplating the entire thing. I started pricing receivers in crutchfield and they also recommended an OEM amplifier adapter here

It has the option to turn down the wattage from the receiver in order not to overpower the factory amps and is $40 which I wasn't too happy about.

I have 8 speakers. (4 5X7's, 4 super tweeters...all still stock)

Does anyone have any idea roughly how many watts the factory amps provide to the stock speakers? Is one of these things necessary with a head unit that's 45X4?

I'm also contemplating disconnecting the 4 tweeters and just replacing the 4 woofers with 3 way speakers.

I guess all in all I'm trying to avoid taking out the factory amps and running all new wiring to the speakers.

Edited by n0cturne74

I had the amp hooked up at first but they diddn't sound as clean as it does straight from the head unit. i ran new monster cable speaker wire. i'm not running an amp but i am running an eclipse head unit CD5444 (55WX4 output) with JL audio XR650-CSI in the front and XR-570-CXI in the back.

i also dynamated the front doors....it made a huge difference in sound

my pathy is a 1990 ..FYI

Edited by SteeevO