Check engine light

Dreadeyed

I had some very good feed back, and I thank you all. Yesterday, I had pull out the canister from the left rear of the truck and it was full of pellets charcoal. I did inspect the evap line and I've located one place where the hard metal is connected with the rubber hose, which is in the rear center of the car. I'm just trying to find out how am I going to blow out the remaining charcoal that's inside the tube since I don't have an air compressor. Any cheap one in the market I saw that the canister had a little split where the vent control valve is screw on it. Over the weekend I will place on a new canister and then vent control, I just don't know how much it will run me. At this moment, a full tank of gas don't even last me a week.

There were 2 different canister and vent control valves used in the 97 Pathfinders based on manufacture date. The older design is much more expensive, but if you are replacing both the canister and vent control valve together you can go with the new design regardless of what was originally on there.

The part numbers for the redesigned cheaper parts are vent control valve 14935-54U04 and canister 14950-1S718. I got both for under $100 at www.everythingnissan.com, but there's a thread on this site that has a ton of sites for ordering Nissan parts so you could shop around.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lagernuts

I just shelled out $500 for them to replace all of this. Guess I'm a little late :angry: It sounds like the replaced the two parts, blew the lines out, and added a clear fuel pump to see if any reside is going thru the fuel lines. It all sounded line bs to me, but a guys gotta work.