New Steering wheel ?

EvilLex03

Just wondering if anybody has put an aftermarket Steering wheel on there path ? I was thinking about getting one of those GT Wheels, But im not sure if it would be to small and look funny.

Thanks,

I put one of those GT steering wheels on. It was smaller but didn't look funny in my opinion. I thought it looked good. I had the black on silver. It was thicker than the stock wheel which I liked.

When I Sas'd and used a Saginaw steering box, it was taking me what seemed like a 1000 revolutions to turn. That was ok, but backing down a very steep cutline with errosion ruts and rocks, it was dangerous as I couldn't keep the front end straight. Bouncing around hard downhill backwards usually meant stalling...which means no brakes and no steering, so I switched back to the stock steering wheel which gives me a fighting chance to keep the nose straight and not roll.

I put a smaller APC wheel on because my stock one was all jacked up and falling apart. I don't know about other areas, but the VA safety inspection limits the diameter of replacement steering wheels. I didn't have a problem, but you never know...

ANybody got a pic ? Know of a good place to get one ? Im going to get one.

702interior.jpg

Grant GT wheel $57, Install kit $25; got the wheel at Autozone, and the install kit at PepBoys (neither of which carry Grant wheels anymore). I put a "Pilot" brand wheel in my 88 that I also got at Autozone for $30.

When I install the Grant wheel (exactly like Ryans) I will show pics and a little write up.. RYan is the one I asked about installation of a Grant wheel just last week (thank you again for that Ryan!!).. so.. if yer in no rush and can wait a week.. I will have a little write up and pics for ya! :contract:

When I install the Grant wheel (exactly like Ryans) I will show pics and a little write up.. RYan is the one I asked about installation of a Grant wheel just last week (thank you again for that Ryan!!).. so.. if yer in no rush and can wait a week.. I will have a little write up and pics for ya! :contract:

No problem :aok:

I have a question now though, anyone know where to get a new horn button? Mine is FUBAR!

When I install the Grant wheel (exactly like Ryans) I will show pics and a little write up.. RYan is the one I asked about installation of a Grant wheel just last week (thank you again for that Ryan!!).. so.. if yer in no rush and can wait a week.. I will have a little write up and pics for ya!  :contract:

No problem :aok:

I have a question now though, anyone know where to get a new horn button? Mine is FUBAR!

Hmm.. tried Summit.. Kragen or Autozone?

As soon as I get the adapter.. I will do the write up with pics... my wheel i sblack also Lex. -bounce-