Weird Rattle

findmypath

Hey everyone.

I have a 03 LE with 24000 miles and I noticed for some time that when the Pathy is cold, and I rev the RPM's around 1700-1800 there is a metal rattle sound. Also the same sound comes up if the car is warm but it sits for like 20 min. and I drive it again. I looked under the car to check if anything is loose like a shield around the cats or something...but nothing is loose. In addition there is a different exhaust note...this can be noticed when I drive next to a wall.

Does anyone know what it might be or experienced this or knows how to fix this???

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Same problem here, and that sound you gte driving next to a wall could be an exhaust leak like mine. check the passeneger header bolts and see if any are slightly loose. If they are, you might want to look into getting a new one(s). If you tighten it back up, you might be drilling it out in a few months. Just a thought. good luck bro! B)

Yeah, check the manifolds for cracking and loosening of the bolts.

Also, your catalytic converter (well, one of them anyways), may have failed and one of the matrix screens is flopping around in there.

Yesterday I took my Pathy into the dealer to get this rattle noise checked...after several hours of waiting the dealer called and told me that the reason for the rattle were the exhaust pipes,on both sides and they are going to replace them and the gaskets ALL UNDER WARRANTY.

JUST WANTED TO LET YOU ALL KNOW ON THE FINAL OUTCOME

THanks for all of you input.

Keep on truckin

i knew it was the loose muffler bearings. Man if i had a penny for every time that happened to me... Its a really good thing the Dealerships are so great about letting me know though!

Heheh. anyhow, thats a pretty sweet deal for you. Hurray for warranties!