Rotors

Guest mitchsta1

Guest mitchsta1

Ok. I need to change my brake pads and rotors. I bought all of the material and went to work. After getting all of the bolts out of everything. There's this one piece that just will not come off. I can get it to spin around but can't pull it off. It is fastened on by 6 approx. 1 1/2" hex bolts and is the last thing that needs to come off in order to get to the rotor. The overall shape of this thing is similar to the top of a hex bolt. I hope this is enough information to know what it is I am talking about.

Can somebody please tell me why the h*ll it is I can't get this freakin thing off?

Please help.

Thanks,

Michael

MY FRIEND THAT IS YOUR INNER HUB (FRONT ROTORS I AM ASSUMING). TO GET THE HEX BOLTS TO TURN WITH OUT HAVING THE WHOLE ROTOR TURNING, HAVE A FRIEND HOLD ON THE BRAKE PEDAL DOWN SO THE ROTOR WONT TURN THEN LOOSEN THOSE HEXT BOLTS. IF YOU'VE ALREAD TAKEN THE CALIPERS OFF THEN SCREW ON ONE OF THE LUGS BACK ON AND WITH TWO LUG WRENCHES OR SOCKET WRENCH LOSSEN THE HEX BOLT WHILE RESTRICTING THE ROTOR FROM TURNING WITH THE LUG AND THE OTHER WRENCH. BUT YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO REMOVE THE HUB AND ROTOR ASSEMBLY OFF THE AXLE AS A WHOLE UNIT. I HOPE I HELPED IF NOT TRY THIS WEBSITE IT'S A WRITE UP FROM ONE OF THE NPORA MEMBERS

FRONT ROTOR REPLACEMENT MR JIM

IF THIS WORKS LET ME KNOW B/C I WILL BE DOING MY FRONT BRAKES SOON I AM JUST WATING ON THE CALIPERS.

BUT THE FUNNY THING IS WHEN I DID THE REAR ROTORS I HAD TAKEN EVER THING OFF CALIPERS AND ALL AND COULN'T GET THE DAMN ROTOR OFF FOR THE LIFE OF ME, I WAS HAMMERING THEM AND EVERYTHING P... I THOUGHT THEY WERE RUSTED ON. TURNS OUT THE FREAKING PARKING BRAKE WAS ON AND B/C THEY USE SHOES ON THE INSIDE I HAD TO IDEAL. SO I RELEASED IT AND THEY SLID RIGHT OFF. I FELT LIKE A FREAKING IDIOT!!! :shrug::beer:

Edited by dfather99

Guest mitchsta1

dfather99. Yes although I did encounter that problem with everything spinning making it more difficult to get the hex bolts off, I solved it with a long metal rod that I jammed on the brake and into below the seat. But I did get all of the hex bolts out of the inner hub and the fu**ing thing would just not come off. It would spin but not budge and I did try hammering the s.o.b. Thanks for the info about Mr. Jim. When I get the time & energy to give it another go I'll let you know what's up.

Thanks,

Michael