Front Rotors

Guest opacheco

Yes.

First, remove the hubs. this link up to photo 8, then see the photos in this link.

The link above shows photos of how to replace the wheel hub, but the steps to replace the hub or the brake rotor are identical, since they need to be separated from each other. The main difference is that you don't need to replace the ABS toner ring or the wheel bearings, but they should be repacked with fresh grease, and you will need to replace the inner bearing grease seals, too.

EDIT: I just realized there are few missing steps. In order to remove the outer bearing you need to remove the bearing retaining washer, and the locknut. The 2 Phillips-head screws holding it in place are very soft. If you do not use the properly-sized driver on them, you will strip the heads. It helps to push on the screw firmly while you remove it, so that the screwdriver remains firmly seated in the screwhead. To remove the locknut, you can loosen it by inserting a punch (I used a screwdriver) into one of the holes on it and tapping on the punch to force the nut to rotate.

Repacking the bearings is also not covered in my photos. Here's a writeup for bearing repacking on an Xterra, which is the same procedure as for the Pathy. However, do not remove the inner seal as shown there. Instead, use this method. (Be sure to use a non-metallic instrument to tap out the seal and inner bearing.)

Edited by XPLORx4