Shock comparison

Kn0xville

does anyone here run the shocks from Calmini?? i was wondering how they compare to rancho's...im looking for a nice comfortable ride on the road... ALSO...can someone tell me if Calmini's upper ball joints will fit and work properly with stock UCA's?? thanks!

I have the CALMINI shocks. They are pretty stiff. If you are looking for a comfortable on road drive they aren't for you. From what I have heard the Rancho 5000's are the same type of ride. I also have the 3" lift kit so I have the stiffer springs in the rear and the heavier torsion bars so those make a difference in the ride too.

Are you going to run just the shocks with the stock suspension? They are longer than stock for the lifted Pathfinders I think. WAVEY

You can always get aftermarket replacements that aren't for lifted trucks and aren't electronically adjustable. Bilstein, monroe, etc... should all have shocks for a stock height Pathfinder.

well i have new UCA's and rear springs coming in the mail.. ill have the 3in SL soon!.. so it they wont be for a stock pathy.. and if they are stiff then they are not for me. I think ill look into the proComp or bilstien, i really dont wanna pay the price for the ranchos. thanks guys.

You can't get bilsteins for a lifted pathy unless you want to convert your front shocks to eye mounts. If you want something that is adjustable, get the rancho 9000's. Their about $85 a piece but are height and ride adjustable.

I have ProCompES3000 shocks; they are great in the front, but I think a bit stiff in the rear. If you ride with a lot of stuff and/or 4 people they are alright, but alone and unladen it tends to jolt. Maybe go with the ES1000 for the rear (I think those are basically stock replacements).

B