installing a sub box with stock system

nycxice13

I think the only way to do it and have it sound half decent would be to run wires from the rear speakers, to the high-level inputs on your amp (if so equipped). Then wire up your power, ground, and remote leads, and you're set.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember off hand, and I'd bet a regular manual (Haynes/Chilton, etc.) wouldn't tell you. A factory service manual probably would though. But on a side note, a couple dollar simple circuit test light would tell you in a few minutes. That or if you can't find it, run your own using a switched power source like the cigarette light to tap into.

if using the factory system to power a sub...i suggest using an amp with a built in xover... nothing sounds worse than highs from a sub

Just about any recent sub amp and most 2 channel amps will have an internal crossover. They're sloppy for sure, but get the job done. If you have an old-skool amp with no frequency adjustment, Radio Shack and electronics shops should be able to at least provide you with a cheap choke coil to kill the high frequency signal. In the least, kill the singal above 150hz or so. But a really great investment is a good crossover. Its nice to really dial in your system to your needs and wants.

i have a 94 pathy and im installing a amp and 10's but i cant find my manual so i dont know what color the remote wire is in the back of the cd player...anybody know? Thanks

If you have the power antenna, you can splice into that wire for your remote turn on. That's if you can't find a dedicated remote wire. I don't know for sure, as I took my stock head unit out as mine was only a tape deck!!! :oops:

Good luck. :)