diff gears...

Guest kb1jki

Guest kb1jki

I have a '93 v6xe pathy. it has drum brakes on the rear axle, and my '92 v6se had disk brakes, but I assume they have a similar gear set up and the same limited slip.

should I find a 4 banger hardbody and swap gears before upgrading my 31's for 33 or 35" tires?

also, did my transmission over heat because the gears from my xe and se were different and it was pissed when I put the 31's on it?

(should I pull the axle out of the se, put 4 banger gears in it and swap it in the xs.)

finally, what is the level of difficulty for swapping the front diff for the better gear ratio? (must be better in a 4 cylinder!)

For the Pathfinder, all 87-95 manual transmission-equipped models have 4.375 gears, automatic tranny-equipped models have 4.625 gears. Going to 31's from 235/75/15's isn't a problem. Many Pathfinders came with 31's stock in the first place. The only gear swapping you can do is getting the higher ratio sets from an auto-equipped Pathy if you have a manual. HB pickups have the exact same gear ratios from 87-95 if it has the H233B rear axle and C200A front. Swapping gears in the front diff is a PITA.