32" tires and rims

kmgar99

I'm ready to install some 32" tires and some new rims, but i'm curious if anyone has done this to an R50? What backspacing did you use? From my reading and calculations, i'm thinking 3.75" backspacing should clear the strut spring perch, but i'm not sure about clearance around the wheel well!

Any help would be great :lol:

I've got 32's on my 01, wheels are 4.25" backspacing. But my 32's are only about 10.5" wide, since they are 265/75/16. If you are looking at 15" tires, most 32's are 32x11.5 and would require more (less) backspacing. I wouldn't put any wider tires on my wheels or they would hit the spring perch.

Just got back from my friends at Discount/Americas Tire....0mm Offset (in the particular brand of rim i'm getting...generic forged aluminum) is close to a 4" backspace which will allow a set of 32x11.5x15 BFG AT KO's to clear the strut spring perch.

Total out the door with roadside hazard repair and free unlimited rotations is $965.00. Not too bad since the same rims with a set of Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers was $895 out the door....I drive 45 miles each way to work with my Pathy, can't have the Mudders! I'm thinking of keeping my stock rims and finding a cheap set of 31x10.5x15 mudders to go off roading with.

Pictures will follow

Hey Gorilla Man is that a Garvin Roof Rack? BTW....Nice looking Pathy! Sorry Tmorgan4, no pictures yet except on my site,Pathy Pictures I'm ordering the rims today and the install will be Saturday...i'll take some befores and afters.