Trans Cooler Question

Can some one please provide some help on the correct choice concerning the trans cooler issue I keep reading about with these trucks. I'd like to get ahead of any problem and take care of it right away. What do need to do exactly? 

Thank you

Mine is plumbed like this: transmission cooler supply line --> stock cooler in the radiator --> external cooler --> Magnefine filter --> transmission cooler return line. Probably would've made more sense to put the filter before the coolers.

Some folks here used to recommend bypassing the stock cooler in the radiator. They were said to clog up. I haven't heard anything about that in a while, and suspect that dying transmissions were clogging coolers, not the other way around. My transmission was fairly new when I did mine, and I figured more coolers is more better, so I'm running both. I don't think I've heard of one of these having the Strawberry Milkshake Of Death issue that the R51 Pathfinders often did (failed cooler mixing ATF and coolant into an expensive mess).

Here are three old threads about how to mount a cooler and which one to use. Unfortunately the pictures on the last one are long gone, but the discussion may still be of some use to you.