Lighting Issues

Flyer

I'm trying to figure out the lighting on my 2002 LE. I have OEM fog lights but I'd like to get two more driving lights for more side illumination. I'm looking at the Hella 500 series and the KC All Season rectangulars lights as well. I'd possibly mount them on a Westin Safari Bar but with that option, I'm not sure which lights will fit (depthwise). Have you guys mounted any light on a Safari Bar? If so which lights are you using? I don't need a long-range spotlight.

Any ideas will be appreciated since I don't know much about lights. I don't want cheapies while I don't need the $200 per set PIAAs. Well..maybe I do- do I? :D

Anyway, I need them primarily for trials I encounter while mountain biking/camping at night/ and wheeling. I'm using the Safari Bar since I think it's the best way I know to mount them without drilling into my truck.

Pro Comp also makes a 5" low profile flood light that's pretty thin. I have 'em mounted on a light bar I made for my '87. Check Summit Racing for the lights and here for a pic of them on my truck. The only problem I have with them is they're not sealed, so the lenses fog up a little when it rains.

Do you want side illumination starting from your bumper going sideways, or do you mean side illumination further down the road on either side of your regular headlamps?

I mean side illumination going down the road a bit- along with my regular headlights though it doesn't have to be too far up ahead.

My Hella 500's driving lights were somewhere around the 120-150.00 Cdn. I bought them for the same reason you stated. In combination with my high beams, I have them aimed to the left and right of my stock headlights so they light up the ditches when I'm on the highway. For trail, since I'm going so slow, I just use the Hella Fogs so everything is lit up directely in front of my bumper to the immediate left and right.