TD27 out QD32 in RE4RO1A Auto gearbox trouble

dagwill

So ETi TD27 engine died. Got hold of new QD32 engine and manual IP. 

Hmmm, new engine has 7 bolt crankshaft instead of 6 bolt,,,,, got a flexplate from Bulgaria but holes for Torque coverter wer just a bit out, drilled to suit plus had to fit spacers for flexplate gap. [ ended up 2.7mm ] 

Started the new engine,,, sweet,,, drove forwards a few meters , and back stopped, started a few times.

Started engine, ,  put it into D nothing , R nothing then went to go back to P and it would not go ,, grinding like i was trying to put a manual into gear with no clutch.

One thing i have noticed that im not sure but dont think was happening before,, when i move the Throttle position sensor , something goes click, there is a buzzing [ i think from the gearbox] for acouple of seconds, then stops. Note, I left the electric TPS incase it controlled the gearbox and duplicated another wire to opperate the manual IP.

Any ideas or help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks David

Grinding into park sounds like your transfer case slipped into neutral. Shift it back and forth a couple times and make sure it's fully engaged in high range. 

The buzzing is probably unrelated. I had that on mine when the battery was low (I'd been working on the truck for a while with doors open, blower going, that kind of stuff). I think it's the solenoid that controls line pressure. No idea why it gets noisy when the battery is low, but it quieted back down once I charged the battery, so I didn't chase it down. 

Thanks ,i have the starter removed at the moment ,but on mates Patrol, found neutral in transfer box and it gives the same things. Doing the engine swap plus mechanical IP i seemed to have so many problems i thinkn i just got brain fade. Thanks again.

I will see if buzzing noise gives any troble when i get the starter back in.

Immediatly after starting there was a crash of starter to flexplate then ok , I thought the starter may not be far enough forwards and not disengaging completly, on removing i calculated there was 4mm gap between starter and flexplate at rest ,,, so ?   ,ordered a new starter and well see