Oil leaks, rear tire carrier

Leaks diagnosed coming from oil pan and timing cover.

Thinking I should replace timing belt at same time, water pump and other belts.

Anything else I’m missing?

Meanwhile, mechanism for securing rear spare tire carrier has failed. It makes contact but won’t lock into place so hitting a pothole or whatever will knock it loose and in worst-case scenario the whole arm will swing free. Currently have it secured with bungee cords.

Anyone have experience with this issue? Wondering whether easiest fix is to have someone just remove the tire carrier rather than mess with trying to find a part or parts to replace it on this vintage rig?

Although I might miss having that tire on the back as it has functioned as something of a poor man’s airbag one or two times when someone rear-ended me. They came away with a messed up hood and hardly a mark on me thanks to that tire waiting for them at impact.

I would look at the rubber bump stops and see if you can adjust them to allow it to latch. My latch was bent out of shape somehow and I picked up a newer mechanism at a Junk Yard years ago and just installed it and it works perfectly. You probably have some misalignment that isn't too obvious, or you could have some bent or broken parts in the latch from the rear-ending.