Upgraded Bumper for 2000

tmorgan4

Hey Everyone,

I'm new to this forum, mainly since I never knew this site even existed until a few minutes ago. My main question is, I just got in a slightly front-end accident, and it ruined the front bumper. I can get a factory one for about $675 (from a body shop) or probably cheaper at a junkyard. But, If im spending this much money, I might as well just buy a whole new upgraded bumper. I REALLY like the shrockworks bumpers for the Xterra, and I was thinking of ordering one and having a fabrication shop make some brackets to fit it onto my car. I'm not sure about size difference from a Pathfinder to xterra bumper....anyone know if it would fit the body very well? The other question is if a bumper made for the older body styles (early 90's) will fit our cars? Please let me know, I cant seem to find information anywhere!

Thanks! :takebow:

Tyler Morgan

Welcome to the club!

I cant say whether the Shrockworks bumper will fit... usually I would say with the right amount of fabbing you should be able to do it - but I cant remember how much the X and the pathy differ once you have the bumper off... I also have no idea where the shrockworks bumper bolts on to the X....

ARB makes a bumper for our trucks (99.5-2004), but it's mega bucks, and quite heavy. TJM makes bumpers for the 96-99, which isnt supposed to fit on the 99.5+, but we'll have to see about that... (2 weeks!) Although, I am not so sure about the availability of the TJM. I looked into all these possibilities last fall when I removed my bumper à la Honda Civic.

It's unfortunate more companies dont make stuff for the R50. My husband was talking with Jim from Shrockworks about making sliders for the pathy, but he says it isnt high priority, I suppose not enough interest (I can only assume the answer would be the same about the bumper). We have the shrockworks sliders on the X, and I would LOVE to have a set for the pathy.

Pezzy,

Thanks a ton for all the information. I was also looking at the shrockworks sliders, and on their site it says they'll fit, but they must be welded on. I don't think this would be a huge deal unless they began to rust and must be cut off. I'll be waiting to see if the TJM bumper fits, and if it does I may just have to get one of those instead. I need to get a new bumper as soon as possible now that I crushed the stock one after rolling into a ditch and bending the front left control arm too :D

I would highly doubt that an Xterra bumper would fit an R50 Pathfinder, since the Xterra uses body on frame construction whereas the pathy is a unibody. I think the mounting the Shrockworks bumper uses attaches to the X's frame, but our pathys do not have a 'frame' to work with, really. You may be able to have a shop rig something together and hook it on, but I doubt it would look right, and with the money you paid that shop and spent on the X bumper, you could have gotten the pathy specific ARB. ;)

with the money you paid that shop and spent on the X bumper, you could have gotten the pathy specific ARB. ;)

Very true, a couple guys from the X Club shared the expenses on getting custom brackets made to fit the ARB on the X with the 3" Body lift... cost them $500 each. (CDN) yikes.

Thanks for all the replies. I was feeling pretty good about ordering the Shrockworks bumper today after holding up my Pathfinder bumper to my friends Xterra, and finding out their basically the same size. I was planning on having a shop rig some mounts up, but I didn't think it would be anything even close to $500 CND. I may want to go talk to a couple machine shops before I spend $700 on a bumper that's going to cost another $400 at least to mount. I'll let you know what I find out if it won't be to difficult to setup.

Tyler