Won’t start

Pathy1996

I have a 1996 r50, cranks but won’t start, no injector pulse or spark, I have replaced the distributor, still no spark or injector pulse.

i have power and earth to the coil, also power and earth to the distributor, I have power to the fuel pump, I have checked earths and the resistor in the wiring loom, tested all fuses, I’m at a loss, can anyone help, it’s an Australian R50 OBD1 only.

It sounds like the computer isn't getting the signal from the distributor. Could be a wiring fault between them. Can you check for codes? I'm not familiar with an OBD1 R50 (they're all OBDII here), but if it's the same system as the WD21, it shouldn't be too tough to pull codes, and it might even tell you something useful.

It has the standard obd1 port, I do not have the equipment to plug into it, from memory if you shorted to pins it would read codes with the check engine light, I can not remember the correct pins 

I’m throwing in the towel and admitting defeat, I have not got a clue what’s wrong with my Pathy, it’s booked in Monday, hopefully something minor or it’s off to the scrap yard ?

• 3 weeks later...