Performer plus air intake

KILLVOX

WTF!

I got it today, took all the old stuff off and went to bolt this in, and the holes dont line up! This is how its supposed to mount right?!

I swear to god, sometimes i think i just shoulda got a bike or something, Its been an uphill battle with my pathy. wait almost 2 months for it, and it doesent fit. Mabey im missing something very obvoius.

gdi.jpg

That's the exact problem I had with an adapter I bought from an Ebay store. Still haven't used it yet becuase the mounting holes and the intake hole don't line up. Yours looks like mine, but not aluminum. I hope for you they sent the wrong part and you can get the right one. We need a better source for those things.

I still think that the intake system along with a shield is beter than a snorkle.

Wouldn't a snorkel (if done properly) be better than a sheilded intake under the hood? Just for the lower air temp and the ram effect (if set up right). Seems to be a better alternative than a cold air intake as well due to the dangers of water induction into your intake.

I have a AEM CAI on my VW and the performance over stock is much better for just being an intake, but I am scared to death of large puddles.

Im going to make one. I dont feel like sending it back, definatly the last time I use AC.

Im working at a hardware store so it should be easy and cheap. Im just pretty pissed off right now.

You just have to redrill the holes if I remember correctly.

I have a AEM CAI on my VW and the performance over stock is much better for just being an intake, but I am scared to death of large puddles.

Don't be scurred. You have to submerge a good amount of the filter before you're in trouble. A splash of water on the element isn't going to do anything.

Don't be scurred. You have to submerge a good amount of the filter before you're in trouble. A splash of water on the element isn't going to do anything.

I'm not scared of splashes of water :-) The few instances that scare me are:

A camping spot I used to frequent, I didn't go camping at all last summer because most good camping spots require a creek crossing :-) (This was before I bought my Pathy)

And the other day we had a LOT of rain, flash flood warnings and the like. There was a puddle outside of my work parking lot that had to be a foot deep at its lowest point. - No way around outside of hopping a curb) Lucky enough my car was still on jack stands in my garage and I had taken the pathy that day :D

The VW has been lowered so it especially doesn't bode well when the rain comes round.

He he, no, just was at work during the first and only flash flood warning I can recall in this city! :-)

But on the uphand side the pathy and I had a whooole lot of fun blaring through the "lake".

Granted I had my passenger seat out because I was running some wires under the carpet, so the seat mounting holes quickly became fountains! :laugh:

Its on, ill post some pics later, friggin ugly fab job, im going to totaly redo it w/its own air case later, ill post picks.

Sounds friggin awsome tho at idle, a low hiss. Havent floored it yet, bbl. :P

I'm about to order the Pop Charger from Jim Wolf today. Even though they don't show it on their website, they do offer one for 1990 - 95 pathfinders. You have to look it up by part#.

Part# PD210-1231X