Crank No Start After Timing Belt

Oleschool

Just finished a timing belt on the 97 and it started got backed out of the garage and was shut off. Now it won't start. It has spark and fuel. I put a timing light on it and while its cranking I can see the timing marks on the crank pulley, so I feel that the new belt is on correctly.

What can be preventing it from starting?

Sounds to me like the timing is off. Easiest test is running a compression test on all cylinders. If one of the cams is out of time(usually the right) you will have lower compression. Other option is to pull the upper cam covers and recheck the timing marks are aligned when the crankshaft is at 0° on the timing mark. If neither one is there, turn the crank until you can see the cam marks lined up and see where the crank is positioned. I had the key break in my crankshaft sprocket that made it impossible for the crankshaft to stay in time with the cams with my original engine. 

Thanks Mr_Reverse. I'll look at that.  I actually got it started tonight after spraying some starter fluid into the intake. It still took a long crank then started and idled without any death rattles. When I put it in gear to go back into the garage it stalled and wont start again. If the cam timing was off,would it still run like this?

I read the codes while it was running and got the following.

P0125 Insufficient Coolant Temperature for Closed Loop Fuel Control

P1441 ELC System 1

P0446 Evap System Vent Control Circuit

P0450 Evap System Pressure Sensor/Switch Circuit

It's had the Evap codes before without any starting problems. Could the other two cause the starting issue?

Edited by Oleschool