VG33 Engine Oil Dipstick Upgrade

One of my pet peeves with my QX4 has been the engine oil dipstick. I can’t figure out for the life of me where the damn level is half the time and it just shouldn’t be like that. Today I went to the junkyard and checked a ton of dipsticks until I finally found a match!

bc1cd689b49b33ebb1c9bd4adb409fcf.jpg

feaa695a837d61cc2c22740e1207cd8b.jpg

03f0814d1202819cb6d6cce92a502768.jpg

It’s a quarter inch longer but doesn’t cause any issue. I did have to sand down the plastic portion that enters the tube leading down to the engine.

I am what looks like about 1.5 quarts past full... When I hear the lifters clacking I usually check the oil right away and since I couldn’t see the friggin oil level I added oil for no reason, twice. I had to add a quart or so every 5000 miles before I did the head gaskets so that’s why I thought I needed more oil.

I’m quite glad to be rid of that dipstick.

Edit: haha I guess it’d be kind of me to include the vehicle it came from! It was a 1999 Isuzu Rodeo.

• Confused 1

They have a u pull it around here?!?!?

Guess I haven't looked too hard, but they few that I have been to haven't allowed unsupervised access.
I love the junkyard. Never know what you'll find out there. Used to be a regular weekend trip for me back in the day.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Norcross is the closest I’ve been able to find any that are unsupervised.

Pull-A-Part North
4416 Buford Hwy
Norcross, GA 30071
United States

U Wrench It
4600 Buford Hwy
Norcross, GA 30071

These are right next to each other. I was literally just telling my wife that I feel like I’ve been at the adult playground today haha

Gotcha.
Has been years since I have been down that way.
When I was living in Lilburn and had my toyota, I went to one of them to get a few trim pieces only to find the frame and inner body shell of every truck they showed in stock! Looked like an animal carcass after the buzzards and coyote had their fill, lol.
Never went back.
I'll have to make a trip down there to see what they have, once it cools down!

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

They usually have 5-10 pathfinders/QX4s at each location and they’re usually pretty torn into by the time I get down there but I have seen several that were pristine.

I’ve only come across 1 dizzy though.. I think some of the Nissan Quest engines have the same dizzy though and those are never torn into.

• 4 weeks later...