2002 Pathfinder Flashing engine light

joshrichard

So this isn’t my car but one of my friends, and he was driving to school this morning when the car started shaking and the engine light started flashing.... yeah. I’m guessing a misfire, maybe a clogged fuel injector (don’t know where to

check on these and haven’t looked yet) i haven’t ran the codes yet because it happened 15 minutes before school and I had to run and pick them up. Any suggestions? places to start?

I'd start with the easy stuff first. Replace the fuel filter which isn't fun. And then when mine did the same thing it ended up being the spark plugs. I didn't belive it because they were at only half their mileage. But I forgot and had used cheaper plugs. They were in bad shape. And be sure to pull the codes. Mine was misfire on various cylinders.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That was gonna be my guess.  My sister's Volvo had 3 go out back to back in the space of a month.  Every time it's the flashing CEL with a constant misfire.  I keep a spare coil pack and a ratchet in the trunk now since I'm pretty sure mine are all original.

• Like 2