Electrical Short

NissanPerson

I seem to have an electrical short in an '88 Pathfinder. It's drawing 0.03 amps with the clock and dome lamp disconnected. Started pulling fuses and when I pulled the left headligh fuse it dropped to under 0.01 amps. Battery has been draining rather rapidly...just wondering if anybody knows of anything in the line of the left headlight circuit or something that may be draining it. Thanks.

Is it a Canadian model? If so are your daytime running lights working fine? It could be a problem in the DRL unit. They are problemsome. I've never heard them short out. But you never know.

Denis

Is it a Canadian model? If so are your daytime running lights working fine? It could be a problem in the DRL unit. They are problemsome. I've never heard them short out. But you never know.

Denis

I have a problem with my DRL module. My question is, can you disconnect it, and still have headlights? Rather than get another one, I'd rather just disconnect, if my headlights will still work. If so, where is it?

Thanks in advance.

I'd see if there is a way by looking at the DRL and its wires and bypass it by splicing the wires together meaning the ones that go to the box and the ones coming out of it . I don't know if it is the right thing to do but thst is where I would start. :)

"I have a problem with my DRL module. My question is, can you disconnect it, and still have headlights? Rather than get another one, I'd rather just disconnect, if my headlights will still work. If so, where is it?"

The DRL is behind the battery on the passenger side. You can probably rewire to bypass if you'd have the wiring diagram. If your problem is your one of your driving lights not working all the time, it is possible to fix. It's usualy just a cold solder on one of the relays in the unit.

Denis

"I have a problem with my DRL module. My question is, can you disconnect it, and still have headlights? Rather than get another one, I'd rather just disconnect, if my headlights will still work. If so, where is it?"

The DRL is behind the battery on the passenger side. You can probably rewire to bypass if you'd have the wiring diagram. If your problem is your one of your driving lights not working all the time, it is possible to fix. It's usualy just a cold solder on one of the relays in the unit.

Denis

Really? That's the exact problem I'm having.

I'll have to take it apart and have a look. Thanks for the info!

:cool2: