Pathy dieing...

XerOne

ok, so I start out driving around my neighborhood, and then once I give her a little bit more gas she starts to sputter like she's choking, rpm's going up and down rapidly and I feel like im pressing the gas pedal and the break pedal at rapidly, very annoying, and once I hit a small little bump(such as the dip to go into my driveway), it dies, then it will take about 2-3 seconds longer to start up. Cold It starts up fine(usally .5 -1.0 seconds), runs fine for about a minute and then starts doing that crap, I've got a '95 Pathy 4x4 SE. Possible problems?? ECU dosent spit out a thing, I'm guessing something with the fuel or perhaps not getting enough air?

• 8 months later...
I'd guess fuel filter.

Well, you'd be right, just finally got sick of seeing it in the drive way and hauled it off to a mechanic, he ran a bunch of tests, and after a couple days, he switched out the fuel filter and i've been driving it ever since and my god, my pathy has power!!, tranny dosent downshift going up hills, I'm doing about 0-60 in about 10 seconds, which is a big increase from the normal 18 or so, anyways, if anybody has a similar problem like the one I decribed above, its probally the fuel filter.

P.S. I love my pathy :P