Cruise Control issues

Mykimike25

Hi everyone

So yesterday I turned on my cruise control, which went ok. The power light came on the dash and I heard the click near the glove box. But when I try to set it, nothing. I've checked the accs fuse in the engine bay and it looks legit. Any ideas?

Usually I hear the click noise when I set it, not turn it on. In any case check the brake pedal (and clutch pedal if applicable).

In my 87 there was a plastic piece on the clutch pedal that's supposed to depress a switch that allows cruise control to work. (With clutch pressed cruise control turns off). It's the same idea with brake lights turning on when hitting the brake pedal.

Anyways, that plastic piece fell apart so there was nothing to depress the switch. I used a nut bolt and some washers to replace it and now cruise works fine. The same thing applies to the brake pedal.

For the 87 the plastic piece on the brake pedal controlling the brake lights is also getting worn out, so sometimes the brake lights stay on after I've gotten out of the truck.

Edited by jjonez

Usually I hear the click noise when I set it, not turn it on. In any case check the brake pedal (and clutch pedal if applicable).

In my 87 there was a plastic piece on the clutch pedal that's supposed to depress a switch that allows cruise control to work. (With clutch pressed cruise control turns off). It's the same idea with brake lights turning on when hitting the brake pedal.

Anyways, that plastic piece fell apart so there was nothing to depress the switch. I used a nut bolt and some washers to replace it and now cruise works fine. The same thing applies to the brake pedal.

For the 87 the plastic piece on the brake pedal controlling the brake lights is also getting worn out, so sometimes the brake lights stay on after I've gotten out of the truck.

Same thing happened to me. On the 2001, there are 2 switches on the brake pedal, one for the brake lights and one to cancel the cruise, and one on the clutch pedal also to cancel the cruise.

There are 3 rubber bushings with 2 different part numbers. They are about $ 6 each, and they are a B to install unless you have the hands and arms of a 10 year old.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk