Lights in a manual climate control panel

neilca

I have searched here and on the web without success. So has anyone successfully replaced the lights in a manual climate control panel? The AC button light works but the fan, temperature and distribution panels are dark in my truck. I had it apart the best I could without removing the cables and I could not see any light sockets.

• Like 1

Hi man, I did that fix today, there are actually two light bulbs that illuminate the whole AC control panel. Getting to them is actually pretty easy, but you have to dismount the A/C controls, because the lights are on the back of the panel:

IMG_20170930_183645%20-%20copia.jpg

They should look like this:

IMG_20170930_183814.jpg

The blue color is actually a little rubber cover, be careful not to tear it apart or you will end up having a yellowish color on your AC controls, that happened to me at first, so changed the bulbs for white 12v LEDs and now it is looking good:

IMG_20171126_190318.jpg

I hope this helps, man :)

Thank you PibeGuerra

That is exactly what I needed. So you pull the bulbs from the socket for replacement. It really helped to know where to find them. I think I will go with the LED's as well. And you don't have to remove the cables! Awesome. :)