2001 Pathfinder code P1140 Intake valve timing control sensor

Hello guy,

Does anyone have any ideas where I can get this sensor? Everywhere I look, the part that comes up is cam shaft position sensor. Is it one in the same? I can't find any sites to order anything that says "intake valve timing control sensor". I feel like I'm chasing my tail and refuse to pay the dealership prices. Does anyone know the part number I need? Any suggestions would be welcomed!!

Thanks!!

...and the code states it could be the cam sensor or control solinoid. If the other cam sensors are the same (dont know off the top of my head, mines a 3.3) you can swap the sensor with the other cam or bank, clear the code and see if the code follows to another location. If it stays the same id check the wiring to the cam sensor first, signal and ground is my guess if its a two wire connector, which im pretty sure it is. If that's good check for signal/ground to the solinoid and check the resitance spec on the solinoid. If the wirings good id replace the solinoid. The solinoid may also show to be out of spec as well checking the resistance.

So you think solenoid rather than sensor? I found the part number on another forum and when I put it in to different sites it says camshaftsensor/intake valve timing control sensor as if they are the same thing or one can be used for the other. Is that possible?

It sounds like they are the same sensor, IE, it uses the cam sensor to also monitor the variable timing. Reguardless you're just guessing unless you get out there and do a little diag.