Help...Won't turnover

treywurst

did you try turning the motor by hand/wrench??? if you have a shop vac you could probably suck any water that is in the cylinders through the plug holes... may have to fashion an attachment tho... then pb-blaster/wd40 into each cylinder and let it sit overnight to soak... put enough for it to actually cover the ring areas... while that's soaking also drain oil and look for water in it... grayish/milky color... same with filter.. smell for wd40...

next day maybe squirt a bit of engine oil in each cylinder and let that work itself in... then try to rotate the engine clockwise with a wrench on the crank pulley bolt head...

your crank bearings could have also seized but you couldn't really be determined without looksy inside the motor...

if you're able to trun the motor, do so several times always turning clockwise... refill the oil/filter and cranck by hand a bunch more.... then attempt starting with the starter...

i'd also check rad for mixing of fluids....

did you hear any extra loud noises when the truck died.. LOUD bangs? normally, if you fried the motor via swamping you'd have a very loud noise since water wouldn't be able to be compressed by the cylinders...

i didn't bother the other guy since you found a replacement engine but if you still feel the need i'll do it...

Yeah we tried to manually get it to turn over but it wasn't happening. There was a loud clunk. I am getting another engine for $650 and installed for $350, plus hoses, belts, etc. We will also replace the water pump, oil pump, thermostat, timing belt etc....I should be able to get away under $1500. Plus this new(er) engine has fewer miles than my old one....All and all everything is turning out ok.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE...

Looks like I am gonna get this thing running for around $1700....I was hoping for less but oh well....Oh and by the way, the clutch and radiator are bad as well. Here is what is getting replaced...

Engine and all that comes with doing that job including but not exactly limited too...

rear main seal

distributor cap

plugs and wires

thermostat

water pump

oil pan gasket

intake manifold gasket

oil filter

air filter

belt

timing belt

head gasket

clutch

radiator

Still looking at getting it done by this weekend......

Later....

Trey