33" tires with 5" lift? Do I have to cut the fenders?

I'm coming close to having everything I need for my 5" lift, but now I'll feel silly rocking my little 30s. They're NEW All Terrain tires, seriously just bought them in November, but I really really want 33s now...

Is it worth selling the new tires and upgrading to 33s? That extra 1.5" radial difference will be good for keeping the axles and control arms just that much higher up, but damn are tires expensive...

Plus, if I get 33s, even with a 5" lift, will there be a lot of rubbing?

Any thoughts? Ideas of what tires to buy when I don't have thousands to throw into big rubber circles?

• Like 1

Shouldnt rub much if at all with 5". Might have to push the inner guard forward and clearence the rear tabs for full flex but other thay that you should be fine.

As far as pricing 33's can be had for less than you think. I got my 33x12.5's for 15 inch rims(better availability and pricing) and the KM2's were 750 out the door, shipped to my house. 4wheelparts paid the taxes and shipped a set for free plus BFG had an instant rebate. Look around or hold off until holiday sales. Its worth it. I got the KO2's and the KM2's for less than most pay for 1 new set of wheels and tires.

• Like 1

Was curious if they had any promos right now and it just so happens they are doing a similar deal. Other brands have sales tax breaks and I think anything over 100 bucks is shipped free. Worth a look. I just happen to really like my BFG's

1fu3EEU.jpg

Sounds awesome. I'll probably hunt around my local tire shops too and see what they run. I used to work for Discount Tire, and I know some of the brands they carried and such. Heck, if they're in my range, 32s will work just fine.

What's your plan for the 5" lift? I'm in the same boat.. bought 30" ko2's in November, now I want a 4-5" lift + 33s before next winter.

I might settle for 32s so I don't have to worry much about rubbing, but yeah the 30s are going to look little with the lift.

I'm doing a 4" SFD, and I already have 3" spacers on the rear, so now I'll get some AC lift springs to go up 2" more on the rear. Panhard drop bracket too of course. For the front, just 5" spacers that I'm going to fab up with an angle to keep the alignment...

So yeah that's my plan for the lift and tires lol.

Do your wheels have the proper offset for 33's to clear the struts? If so, I would think they would fit fine with little to no trimming. I have 32's and I only had to trim a little bit on the inside of the fenders in the front with 2" spacers. in the rear it rubs pretty bad, but I'm just planning to figure out some kind of a longer bumpstop.

• Like 1

Do your wheels have the proper offset for 33's to clear the struts? If so, I would think they would fit fine with little to no trimming. I have 32's and I only had to trim a little bit on the inside of the fenders in the front with 2" spacers. in the rear it rubs pretty bad, but I'm just planning to figure out some kind of a longer bumpstop.

I dont have any specified backspacing on my wheels unfortunately. Just 2" spacers. Like I said, if 32s save me from having to do a ton of trimming and extra cost, I'll settle