Help with rusted out body mount

RCWD21

I'm in the process of removing as much rust as possible before cutting out under my back seats to create storage since most of the area is rusted through.

Has anyone dealt with replacing a body mount? I'm not very good with body work, especially the thin stuff. The inner sheet metal is in fair enough condition but the outer piece that turns down by the rocker panel all needs to be removed.

Here's my question, could I use the rear mounts out of a 4 door and possibly the rear inner floor pan under the rear seats too? There are ZERO 2 doors in my area except the one I have. I've never come across one in a junkyard and there are a couple 4 doors that are rust free in the areas I'm dealing with.

Here's some pics of the rust I'm dealing with. It spreads up under the rear floor between the 2 panels but luckily I only have to cut up towards the rear cargo area about 4 inches since there appears to be solid/ salvageable metal.

This is way worse than I was ever expecting and beyond my skill set and budget currently so any scavenging I can do from other wd's would save me a lot of time and money.9f36124c142e83e8cf3451ba6dd9f79c.jpg94bda766b4453c95b95542b5169956d9.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Also does anyone have a away to possibly source me a rust free rear seat section/ body mounts? At the very least I think I'll need the mounts but I guess I'll find out once I start cutting through the outer skin spot welds to gain access to the inner mount section

Ok after A LOT of reading and browsing repairs to similar mounts on other vehicles I think I have it figured out and within my comfort level. I'm still not looking forward to all the cutting and welding in my near future.

I'm going to get a larger compressor tomorrow to hopefully speed up the rust removal process.

I have nearly $10k worth of tools at my disposal but it's still not enough. Mainly because I'm lacking specifics like pneumatic shears for sheet metal and other things like that.

I have an idea of how I want all this rust fixed thanks to Google pics of other people's fixes with the same rust issues.

Edited by RCWD21

Here's more pics of the rust I'm dealing with, this is the drivers side. It's worse on the passenger side since it's been packed with dirt for probably years.914637b01ea210be43b0037bd19c220b.jpg8b30e95057e4b75f9e840aa198780fa7.jpge3a2c3c990244f8560b76086220505c2.jpg

Edited by RCWD21

Here's the passenger side. You can see where the dirt has trapped moisture along the seam in the second pic.6534e8dc19712fcc586e0ab957ed630c.jpg79b32e0ba95324ee7a93a4a3c389babe.jpg