Removing Altinator Issue #PLEASEHELP#

maddmark1981

Im in a pickle guys. Ive been having charging issues lately I want to take my alt off and bench tested so I remove 2 bolts from alt. Top and Bottom. Removed belt and loosened adj. Bolt. And she would only turn under force but did not come loose.

Should I remove wires before or after taking the bolts out?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Take all the wiring off while it is still secured. You want to put the wiring back on the new alternator after it has been secured so you know you don't have loose connections.

What exactly is your problem? One of the alternator bolts won't come out? Or the belt tensioner bolt isn't working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take all the wiring off while it is still secured. You want to put the wiring back on the new alternator after it has been secured so you know you don't have loose connections.

What exactly is your problem? One of the alternator bolts won't come out? Or the belt tensioner bolt isn't working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only see 2 bolts and when I took them out the alt was being held in place

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

top of the alt is 2 bolts 12 mm heads remove them, also if you follow the wiring back to the plugs you could disconnect there and pull the wiring with the alt, personally I'd disconnect at the alt

Edited by vagabond
  • Like 1