Random misfire Help!

BrianD

Holy COW! man! Now I know I will NOT be driving it to my mechanic to get it fixed...cause it's crunching pretty badly. Hopefully I can get my distributor out of the engine without it disintegrating.....having those parts fall into the engine wud be a REALLY bad thing. I will try replacing the bearing and hopefully that will fix the random misfire in my truck too. Thanks for doon this - much appreciated! Cheers!

No problem. Hopefully it will fix your issue. Just be careful when disassembling your distributor to not damage the gasket that seals the cap to the body. It will probably be brittle and you can't buy a new one. Mine broke in a few places, and I put rtv sealant to fix it.

I just spent over an hour posting pix to Photobucket, naming them with explanations, then wrote out a detailed post on my fix and posted 5 pictures and at the end of it all, it gave some stupid "can't use that file extention" message and then erased everything.

too pissed off right now to explain that I fixed my Distributor/ misfire prolm.

That sucks man! Sounds like the distributor repair went better than your photobucket/post time! Lol

Which extension for the pictures did you use?

Yes - the bearing fell into 100 pcs on the ground when I removed the distributor and walked to my work bench. It was so F***d I cudn't bleev it was still running.

I took it apart and cleaned it up. Took the parts in a box to Highland Starter and Alternator in Kitchener. I had the guy install the bearing on the shaft so I wud KNOW that it fit right. He sold me a new bearing for $20. I cleaned it all up and reassembled it, and reinstalled it to the marks I made before removal and it werx great!